Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Night Skiing at Kelly Canyon

 We took the kids night skiing at Kelly Canyon on Friday night. We bought tickets through the school ski program so it was an awesome deal, especially since we all have our own ski's so we don't have to rent.  The evening started out pretty funny, I use "funny" because I chose to laugh instead of getting really irritated over the whole situation.  Long story short, we got all the way up to Kelly only to realize DJ and I had left  our boots at home.  Why we didn't think about just renting boots is beyond me but we didn't, so DJ headed back home while I planned to get the 3 girls started on the hill.  Great plan, IF I had the tickets, yep, they were in DJ's coat pocket which was he was wearing.  Aaaaaahh, I could have cried but instead we just started laughing! Anyway, a few minutes later, I decided to go and tell the ticket lady of my dilemma in hopes that she just might give me replacement tickets if I promised to give her the ones from DJ's coat pocket.  She actually agreed to do it so the girls were able to get on the lift and start skiing!  DJ arrived about 5:15 and we were off to hit the slopes.  I really love skiing!! I love to water ski more but it is so much fun to be with the kids doing something we all love to do and it's nice to have a little time to chat on the chair lift where you have their undivided attention. My kids laugh at me, but I love the scenery and could ride the chair lift up and down time after time just to enjoy the beautiful surroundings.  Anyway, we finally stopped skiing at around 9:00 with only one break the whole time!  Kaleb was a trooper and barely complained about his leg situation.  He LOVES to ski and was determined to stay on the hill as long as he could.  This was Jordyn's first time skiing this season so it took about an hour for her to get it down again but once she remembered, she was having a ball!  Thanks to my wonderful mom for watching Porter and Kamryn for us.  They had a great time and were eager to tell me all about their time with Grandma when they woke up the next morning.  They repeatedly said, "Gamma give us foot snacks, ice ceam, yummy food, read books, pay toys, and put us in bed."  They love to tell you everything they know and then some.  Thanks again, Mom!
 
Jordyn and Morgan taking a practice run on the tow rope
Mom and Kaleb riding on the lift together--he was laughing at me because I kept telling the kids to not lose their gloves off of the lift and guess what I did when I tried to take a picture?  Yep, I lost my glove but I skied down and found it. 
Regan and Kaleb having a great time!
We went in to take a bathroom break and saw our neighbor boy fast asleep in the lodge. I had to take a picture for his mom! 
Kaleb and Jordyn hanging out in the lodge while waiting for Dad, Regan, and Morgan to make their last run.  Kaleb's leg was really hurting and swollen after 4 1/2 hours of skiing so he wasn't too happy for the picture. 


3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

You didn't tell me abOut losing your glove! Haha-- bitter irony.
What a totally fun night. Skiing is really one of the coolest family activities out there. We've got to go together this year.....

Christie said...

Looks like you had so much fun. I remember those days, I'm glad you love it. I never loved skiing, but I hate cold, but to my "credit" I always went and my kids thought I loved it!!!! When I explaned how much I hurt when I skied, they were like mom why did you do it, I just told them I wanted to be with them. It is a fun sport, not one of my kids even go anymore, but they loved it when they were young. I think they feel the same way now, we hate being cold!!! HAHA Love ya

Seth and Natalie said...

This looks like so much fun. And your kids are so talented, I bet they could out-ski me. WE took Ry for her first (and only) time last year. I want to go again with her but have this little guy who is seriously attached right now.