Monday, June 7, 2010

Belated Easter Pictures

(yes, I know that was over 2+ months ago)
I'm so far behind in blogging, thought I'd do a little catch up before I try to move forward.
Regan loves being the oldest cousin and is always good to help the mom's with preparations. This year she couldn't decide whether she was too old to hunt or not. She ended up helping Porter and eventually got a basket of her own.
All the cute cousins on the back porch--Jordyn, Chloe, and Kaleb, eating their stash of candy in a secret hiding place--Morg's and Katey bug having a ball together. They are the best of friends!
Yep, that's a large laundry basket plus a big box filled with goodies! We're in candy heaven!
That's my cute mom with Porter and Cannon (Julie's little guy)
Kamryn preferred using the Easter basket as a hat rather than to gather candy. It took her a while to catch on to the idea of hunting for Easter eggs. On the other hand, Porter took right off filling his basket. He's the biggest candy lover in our family besides maybe me, and Kaleb takes a close 2nd.

This year we had our big Rose family Easter egg hunt at my sister's house in Logan. The weather was gorgeous and the cousins had a blast hunting for tons of candy as well as bubbles, crayons, etc. Actually, if I'm being honest, there really wasn't any "hunting" involved at all. There was so much candy that you couldn't even walk 6" w/out stepping on something. The kids fill there baskets over and over, dump it in to a huge bowl, and then we divide it all up amongst the cousins so it's all even. We've always done it that way and I love it. We even fill bags for our Florida cousins (Luke, Emma, and Gavin) and my mom mails it to them. It's such a fun tradition and the kids love it!

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

It was an extra fun day, wasn't it?!!

Greg and Wendy said...

How did I miss seeing the three kids in the big toy box? I didn't know they did that! Such a cute pic!