Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Breakfast!

I'm not sure our Valentine's breakfast event would happen each year if it weren't for my awesome mom who provides a fun Valentine package for the kids packed with all of the necessary paper goods plus a few extra treats!  Seriously, my kids have the best Grandma's EVER!!  It's kind of funny because in the weeks leading up to Valentine's Day, the kids speculate on what kinds of exciting foods they will eat on Valentine's morning. Even though I never do anything that exciting, I always try to have a little something new and fun each year.  This year the menu was:  heart shaped sugar/cinnamon scones, strawberry's and cantalope, white chocolate dipped strawberry's, link sausages, orange juice colored pink, and of course, and a yummy bottle of "love potion" which was probably the hit (I bought water bottles and added a packet of drink mix to each one and printed a love potion printable from one of my favorite blogs to cover up the water bottle sticker.  I ended up doing these for a few of the kids friends only we just taped the drink packet to the side so they could mix when they wanted.  Anyway, it was a pretty unhealthy breakfast especially when you consider the bag of candy I put at the top of each plate...oh well, it's only once a year, right?  Mom, here are a few pictures...thanks again for making Valentine's Day special!  We love you!

 



1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Thanks for the cute pics, honey! The fabulous food is what really made the table...and of course, those beautiful people we love so much sitting around it! (Just missed you in the pic...can't believe you can't take the pic and be in it, too!)