Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Morgan's D.A.R.E. Graduation (Essay at OneTrueMedia.com

Morgan participated in the D.A.R.E. program for the past few months at school and really enjoyed the time she spent learning about the negative affect the usage of drugs and alcohol have on families, health, relationships, etc.  Near the end of the program, each student was asked to write an essay about the things they learned during the program and then two students from each school were selected to read their essay's at graduation.  Morgan worked extra hard on her essay and was so excited when she found she'd been chosen to share hers.  She titled her essay, "To Have a Drug Free Life."  She did such a great job and I especially loved seeing her cute personality come out in her writing!  She's a fun kid and has such great potential...I can't help but be proud of her! Here's the video!  





Make a video - it's fun, easy and free!
www.onetruemedia.com



To Have a Drug free Life
Did you know that there are approximately 75,000 alcohol related deaths each year in  the U.S.? I think that this is a problem because people could make our country a healthier and safer place, but instead, they fill their bodies with drugs, which ruin their lives.
 I want to stay drug free because if I don't,  drugs will affect my relations with family and friends, cause health problems, and ruin my future career.
My relations with family and friends are important to me because they can help me to make good decisions, like staying drug free. If I do drugs, it will affect my ability to have healthy relationships.
Another reason I want to stay drug free is that I want to keep my body clean and habit free.
I have a habit of biting my nails. It weakens them and makes them look ugly. Drugs have similar affect. If I drank alcohol, it would weaken my body and make it look ugly and not groomed. even though biting your nails seems small compared to doing drugs, all bad habits are harmful and hard to break, no matter how big or small they might seem.
Another word for bad habit could be addiction. when I think of the word, addiction, I think, again of my nails. Whenever I try to stop, my teeth start to ache and I think, " My nails are growing, bite them Morgan."  for a while, I can resist the temptation, but I always give in. addiction, to me would be 100 times worse.
Drugs and smoking can make you sick in the head. Smoking can cause lung cancer, bad breath, and yellow teeth. Drugs and smoking can not only cause health problems, they can also cause you to not look well groomed.
One of  my dreams in life is to become a soccer star like Alex Morgan, who was in the 2012 summer Olympics. Soccer takes a lot of practice, determination, and focus. Drugs make you get off task and cause you to think only about getting more drugs. I don't want drugs to get in the way of my career.
In all, drugs are HARMFUL, not HELPFUL. Drugs can affect your relationships with family and friends and cause you to make bad decisions. Also, drugs cause bad habits, don't make you look groomed, and cause illnesses that ruin your body.
I promise to stay drug free so I can make good decisions, have a good career, and have a clean body full of healthy vitamins that will help me stay fit and in good shape. Before I make a choice, I will think," Will this affect my future a good or bad way?" I know this will help me make good decisions in life and will be good practice for staying drug free.
    

1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Go, Morgan! You are very mature and forward thinking for your age! Love you, honey!