Monday, April 9, 2012

Idaho History Program

Morgan's 4th grade Idaho History program was nearly a month ago and it's just plain sad that I'm just now posting about it.  She got the part she was hoping for as one of the 7 Indians.  She was the prettiest one up there (I can say that cause I'm the mom) but really, it's true!  She doesn't like her picture taken (so she says) so everytime she'd catch a glimpse of me with the camera, she'd sneak a dirty look at me.  If truth be told, I think she likes her picture taken but she's just embarrassed. Anyway, the kids did a really great job with the program and the teachers deserve gold stars for all the time and effort that goes in to a program like this.  The kids knew the songs just perfect and they all knew one another's parts as well because they didn't actually find out what their parts were until a couple of weeks before the performance which I think is a dandy way of doing it. I was relieved that Morgan got the part she hoped for because she kind of had her heart set on performing "Go My Son" with the sign language and she does it beautifully.  The kids and I attended both the day and the night programs and unfortunately DJ wasn't able to make either because of his schooling so we took a video and he watched it later on that night.  Thank goodness for cameras, video camera's, ipads, phones, etc....they are a blessing and a curse. :):) 


Aaaaahhh..she will love this one someday :):)

Mrs. Jenkins/Mrs. Cambell's 4th Grade classes! 
 
Ms. Cooperative....not! 
I got her by herself for a second which helped my picture taking cause.  She's looking so grown up these days, not sure if its the fact that she's wearing her hair straight or if it's the fact that she's grown a couple of inches and she's turning "10" in a few weeks.  I love Morgan for lots of reasons, she's smart, she's beautiful, she's genuine, she's honest, she's spirited, she's dedicated) she can be a handful at times but I love her just the same!! 

1 comment:

Greg and Wendy said...

Where did my "little" Morgy-Sue go? She has grown into such a beautiful young lady. Being spirited and yet so spiritual is a perfect combination in my book! Missed seeing this program this year. It is always very well done. And being the Grandma, I can second the motion that she is indeed the most beautiful one up there!