Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I really love Valentine's Day!  The kids love it because of the candy and the fun breakfast I started doing a few years back.  Jordyn was so excited last night at bed time and said, "mom, it's feels kind of like Christmas. (wow, no pressure)   I really love preparing everything for our special breakfast and surprising them all before they head off to school.  I'm not creative, never have been, probably never will be, but I do love to let my kids and husband know how much I love them by preparing a fun breakfast and leaving a fun note for each of them!  A big shout out to my mom for giving the kids the cutest Valentine package complete with all of the necessary paper goods for our Valentine breakfast, including a cute banner and chocolates which were consumed within 1/2 hour of recieving them.  What can I say...we are sugar-aholics at our house!  Anyway, we had a yummy breakfast made up of heart shaped German pancakes, strawberries and whipped cream, sausage, bacon and juice.  The kids were in heaven with breakfast meats because that only happens on special occasions such as this:)  I made a big paper heart for the backs of their chairs with their name on it and wrote things that I love about them all over the heart.  The girls (minus Regan) all requested heart braids in their hair so we were a busy bunch this morning but everyone went out the door with adorable hair do's for once! 






3 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Yum! Breakfast sounds fabulous and your tradition will be passed on to the next generation, you can be sure! How did you ever get all this done and do heart-shaped braids in all their hair, too? What a mom! I love you so much!

Lindsay said...

Woah woah woah! You are not allowed to say you aren't crafty and then post pictures like that. You are such a fun mom and this just might have to be an idea that I copy. Amazing hair too!

Jocelyn said...

I agree with Lindsay! And the girls' hair looks SO cute!!