Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Odd's and ends

 I found this picture on the bar after my Relief Society meeting last week.  It made me happy that DJ took the time to draw with Jordyn with all that he has on his plate right now.  I know it made her evening because it's been proudly displayed on the fridge ever since!
Notice that she gave credit to both DJ and herself for their contributions:) She cracks me up!  She still spends most of her time drawing, coloring, and writing in a journal, so it didn't surprise me that her choice for her Disney souvenir was a princess journal which she found time to write on while we rode the Disney Monorail!

One of my friends came yesterday to drop off some pictures of Morgan that she's had for almost a year.  They were taken at the Hershey's track meet in Rexburg last May that both Regan and Morgan participated in.  She captured some great moments that make me smile every time I look at them!  
 
Look at the way she has her thumbs tucked in to her fist!  I LOVE IT!  I also love the look of concentration and determination!   
I think we'll have to work a bit on form this year but she's so stinking fast and ended up winning both of her races!  She's already look forward to the Hershey's track meet this year to be held in June and this year Jordyn also gets to participate so we'll be cheering on 3 kids!  Have I ever mentioned how much I love track and love that my kids love it!  I swear I'm the loudest parent in the stands but I just get so excited that I can't contain myself.  (my poor kids)

This picture was taken before the race when the announcer was talking.  She looks like she's in the zone!  Thanks to a good friend who took some pretty awesome pictures.
-------
Kami's hair is growing so fast all of the sudden!  On our trip I realized that I could do 2 little braids!  I felt like squealing like a little kid.  She throws a stinking fit when we have to wash and comb out her hair but after she gets past the ouchy part, she knows exactly what she wants done with her hair and loves gazing in the mirror at herself.  (Reminds me of another litttle girl in our house named Jordyn)
-------
Sunday night Morgan was looking through the Friend magazine and found the recipe for "Bunny Buns."  She mentioned to me that we should make them which usually means that I never get around to it.  Yesterday I decided to surprise her and make them for our FHE treat.  She ran in from school and asked what I was making and said, "mom I thought you'd never make these, I'm so excited."  I really wish I'd do more things like this because seeing my kids excitement over such a small thing is totally worth any time and effort.  The kids helped me shape them while Morgan and Regan were gone to soccer and track practice, we baked them and then Morgan got to spread the glaze on them.  We didn't even get around to putting the faces on because they smelled so yummy and everyone dug in!  These are pretty easy and fun to make, I think I'll make it an Easter week tradition.  The only bad thing is Porter has been crying, "me want mo bunny buns pwease mommy" ALL DAY LONG! 

--------
I love these pictures of my dad with the kids.  My dad makes the funniest faces when he's teasing the kids and they just love him to pieces!  All Porter wanted to do was beat up on him the whole time he was here so my dad was giving him "the claw."  For a few minutes, I didn't know where Kami was and went over to find her nestled right close to my dad drawing a picture.  She was in heaven hanging out right beside Grandpa.
Dang, I wish these pictures were better, but I love the look on Kami's face, and my dad's face for that matter.  They both look like their enjoying one another. 
Uncle Johnny is the favorite Uncle!  The kids were so excited when they heard that he was coming to spend the weekend with us.  He had a date lined up for Friday night right after he arrived so they were pretty bummed when he showed up and then turn around and left for his date all in a matter of 15 minutes.  Porter was so mad that he shut himself in the coat closet and made some pretty ugly sounds:)  Anyway, Johnny ended up bringing his date over for dessert later that night so the kids were screaming with excitement.  I hope we didn't scare the cute girl off.  After his date on Saturday, he spent the evening with the kids and we watched the kids favorite movie, Tangled, and had a pizza party.  What a great Uncle to endure a Disney movie and kids crawling all over him!  They love him so much and we're glad he got to spend a weekend with us!
Whoops, this picture is supposed to be with the rest.  Anyway, I love my dad so much and the kids pretty much adore him.  Every time we plan to see Grandpa, the kids deck themselves out in everything cowboy, from boots, hats, pants, cowboy/cowgirl hats, anything they can find in their closets that reminds them of Grandpa.  LOVE HIM!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ooh those bunny buns look delicious! I'm gonna need that recipe!

Greg and Wendy said...

I can smell and taste the bunny buns from here! Will there be another batch for Porter? Love Jordy's attention to detail in her drawing and coloring.

Greg and Wendy said...

I love that the kids adore Grandpa so much. He's pretty "adorable" if I do say so myself! Love the pictures. It made his day!

Let us know when the Hershey's track meet is and we'll check the calendar! Love Morgan's intensity about everything she does. She's a great girl.

Seth and Natalie said...

Rylee really wanted to make those bunnies, but we had too much going on to get them done before easter. Jordyn and DJ's picture is a masterpiece! I love how she gave credit to the artists :). Have fun with all your track meets this year, I hope you can get some more pictures of that focused face. That's so great!

Nigbur Family said...

Holy cow I haven't read your blog in forever! I'm so glad to hear you all had a fun time in Cali and looks like you've been crazy busy as always! I would love to get together and catch up and Ky really wants to see Jordyn! Hopefully we can make it happen soon!