Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter 2011

I love Easter.  Not because of all of the candy, baskets, eggs, hunts, etc., but because of the real reason we celebrate Easter.  It's a time for us to reflect on the life of our Savior Jesus Christ, most importantly, his atonement for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, his death, and then his joyous Resurrection.  I had the opportunity to teach the Easter Nursery lesson on Easter and though these lessons are simple, they are beautiful and the little children got so excited as we pointed to the pictures and talked about the special things that Jesus did for each one of us.  Though it's sometimes challenging to serve in Nursery with my two little people, it's a blessing to be able to teach these choice little spirits that are so close to the Savior.  I'm so grateful for my beautiful family.  I'm grateful for the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know we can be forgiven of our sins if we will repent and this is made possible through the atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that we will each be resurrected, a gift given to each one of us.  I know he loves and knows each one of us individually.  I feel his presence in my life and I know he knows what I need most.  I know he wants each one of us to return to live with him again.  I'm grateful for my membership in his church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

-------------

Easter weekend festivities were super fun because I got to be with my 2 beautiful sisters and my amazing mom!  Though I don't particularly love what Easter has become (more about gifts and candy) I do enjoy seeing the kids have fun hunting for Easter eggs at Grandma's house and I love hanging out with my fam!

Here's the person that makes all of this fun possible.  I love my mom. 
Here's us doing what we do best.  Laughing and being goofy together.   
A fuzzy but pretty good picture of us all, woops, except for mom with her eyes shut.  STINK!
                                              
                               This cake was a childhood favorite.  My mom was always a master at    making awesome cakes for lots of occasions.  Looks like she hasn't lost her touch. 
The troops, minus 4 (the Florida bunch, Luke, Emma, Gavin, and Eva)          

My mom.  I love her.  She's gorgeous!

Jordyn, Chloe, and Lily 
The loot, and the reason my kids haven't come off of their sugar high:)

Do you think we have enough candy? 

painting the favorite tree with water--a kid favorite at grandmas 
Chloe in deep thought 
Stanton showing Jordyn a picture of the dog that will soon be joining the Allen family.  Jordyn was not afraid to voice her frustration and jealousy to me.  All.  night. long.  No, we are not getting a dog.  We have too many children to feed:) 
The gang getting ready to go "hunt" for eggs and other goodies.  There really isn't much hunting involved since the every square inch of the lawn is covered in candy and goodies.  That's what makes it so much fun.  


 

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

There's something about hearing testimony borne that makes me feel so happy. Thanks for sharing yours.

I loved the weekend, too. It was a treat to be with everyone and spend the time together.

Sorry if we stoked Jordyn's dog fire too much. I didn't mean it!!! :) She can come visit this summer and be in charge of cleanup...maybe that will dampen her desires some?

I sure love you....so so so much. It's nice to be close enough to get together and it's SO wonderful to be close. Just sister close. I love you guys more than I can really express.

Greg and Wendy said...

Reading my daughters testimonies fills me with such joy! DJ is so right when he says that our lives are so good, truly good, and comparatively easy even in the midst of trials when compared with those who do not live the gospel...that is when life gets complicated and really difficult. We have so much for which to give thanks to our Savior and Heavenly Father.

Loved every minute of the party and being with all of you! All of you bring me so much pure delight! I LOVE to hear our three girls laugh together. You are all hilarious and adorable to boot! Can't wait until we get together again!

Lindsay said...

Darling pictures! Looks like you guys had a great party!

Seth and Natalie said...

You and your sisters are so cute, and so is your mom. What a good family you have! As long as you never let all the candy and bunny fun take over, and always express such a beautiful testimony to your children, they'll always know what easter truly represents.