Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Birthday Boy!


We celebrated Kaleb's 5th B-Day on Saturday!  He was soooo excited about turning "5" just so he could be the same age as all of his buddies in the ward, so it was a great day!  G&G Rose and Grandma Johnson came to celebrate with us which made it all the better.  I'm not sure if Kaleb was overwhelmed or what but he was a man of few words the entire day, in fact, G&G Teichert called that morning and he barely said 2 words to them. Anyway, he was so pleased with his gifts but was not overly excited until everyone left and then the fun began.  He was so excited to try out his new remote control helicopter from Grandma and Grandpa Rose and gave it a really good crash landing (just to break it in) you know how that goes??  We thought he'd broken it but I was able to fix it and off it went again.  Anyway, he is all about remote control anything these days so he was in heaven with his new gifts.  He and Morgan went and played out in the snow in his nice new snow gear from G&G Teichert and his new sled from Morgan & Regan!  He was being such a poser in his new stuff and just cracking me up!  Thanks to everyone for making it such a special day for Kaleb.  As far as the cake went, he wanted to pretty much do it himself (as you can tell)!  He piled as many of his cars (previously washed) on top of the race track cake and was pleased as he could be.  I despise B-Day cake so I didn't really care.  Anway, he is such a delightful kid (most of the time)!  Some of my favorite things about him are his even temper, his cute smile, his desire to be a "good boy," his patience with the Kam and Porter, his excitement for preschool and all the new things he's learning, his honesty, just a quick example of just how honest he tries to be, we celebrated Thanksgiving in Blackfoot at my parents house.  Mom needed more room for food on the kitchen counters so she decided to move all of the pies in one of the bedrooms on the floor.  Kaleb went in to check all the yumminess out and while drooling over the huge selection, accidentally fell in to one of the pies.  He came in to me quietly and  led me in to the room to show me the damage, which really wasn't much.  I could tell he felt much better after confessing his sins:)  (hahaha)  He tries really hard to keep his room clean and takes really good care of his stuff, and he has a smile that just melts your heart.  I love him so much and we are so glad he's a part of our family!  Happy Birthday Buddy!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday, Kaleb!!! What a sweet, sweet boy. Love him. And I think his cake looks darling.

Lindsay said...

I think his cake is adorable! He is such a handsome boy (heartbreaker someday I'm sure!). I love that you let your kids decorate their own cakes--I love that idea and want to do it with my kids someday.

Greg and Wendy said...

He is a jewel! Quite grown-up for his 5 years, I believe. Love you, buddy!

Seth and Natalie said...

Wow, he even keeps his room clean? You've got a keeper! Looks like his birthday was just great. Tell him good job on the cake, it looks awesome!

Brooke said...

Such a great kid, and so cute!