Friday, September 17, 2010

Updates and such revised! (Half the post was missing before)

Couldn't think of a better title for the following items....

*  Morgan is loving this season of soccer.  She really, really, loves soccer more than I ever thought she would.  She actually scored a goal their first game and I was a dummy and didn't capture even one stinking picture of it.  I've been really bad about taking video of my kids.  Now if I can just get Morgan to quit swinging on the goal post while playing goalie, hiking her pants up like "Urcle" while playing defender, I think we'll have it made.  She's a big goof ball!
*  Speaking of Morgan and her love for soccer- the other day she randomly said, "mom, even if none of my grandkids like soccer, I'm going to play until I'm an old lady! 

*  Regan did not win her election but was chosen as the Student-at-Large Rep.  Meaning she was selected by the teachers so she came home super excited and not bummed...and for that I was proud of her.

*   She has a few weeks of Cross Country left and has had a really great season.  She has improved so much as a runner and I love watching her determination.  She's taken either 2nd or 3rd at each meet thus far so we'll see what happens tomorrow. 

* The babies have been climbing out of their cribs occasionally--I'm annoyed.  Seconds after them to bed last night, Porter opened the door saying, "MOMMY, OUT"  Thankfully I convinced him it was night-night time and he agreed to get back in his crib. 
* Porter is slightly obsessed with school buses only he has a little trouble saying it correctly. It comes out, "mommy, butt, mommy 2 stool butts"  (school bus, 2 school buses)  It makes me laugh out loud every time!  So, today we walked Kaleb to the bus and Porter had a bag of pringles in his hand and he was ticked that he couldn't get on the bus for "stool."  So, throwing a little templer tantrum, he smashed all of his chips and then realizing what he had done, threw an even bigger tantrum.  Gotta love 2 year olds!  Actually, I'm loving this age with the babies.  They are just cute and funny and pretty good despite the occasional tantrum.
*  I've been canning a bit here and there.  Nothing like last year.  I just couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of doing 7 boxes of pears amongst other things so I've done around 24 qts. of peaches, 21 qts of applesauce, 14 qts of applesauce, some beans and some corn.  My friend and I just picked a ton more apples today so I'll be up to my eyeballs in applesauce and pie filling for the next few days.  I love canning, hate the mess and clean up, but love the outcome of beautiful filled bottles on the shelf.  I need to expand and try new things though, that's bugging me.  Maybe next year!
* The other day I asked Kaleb if he was making new friends at school and jokingly told him he should go up to some of the kids and say, "Howdy Partner" and he quickly replied, "no mom, then they'd look at me and say, Hey Wierdo"  Nice observation, huh?
*  Jordyn is in her 2nd week of play practice for Willy Wonka.  She is a squirrel and is part of the chorus and the chocolate river.  She's been a little emotional about the whole thing because play practices are from 7-9 several times a week and that 7:30-8:00 happens to be her bedtime.  But, she came home happy the other night because they started talking about costumes and makeup and that changed her whole attitude.  If there is anything that will push her through the end, it's knowing that she'll be wearing lots of makeup on stage:)  Speaking of Jordyn, I caught her in my bathroom the other night applying deodorant....he he, she just looked at me and smiled.  Hmmmm.. I wonder just how many times she's actually done this.
* DJ runs in the Temple-to-Temple race tomorrow.  He's stressed today but I know he'll do great! The kids are excited to cheer him on since one of the legs he runs goes right past our street.  Pictures of the event to come!
* Today while driving home from town, Kaleb asked me a question about a dollar bill he was holding.  I gave him the best answer I could think of and he said, "mom, do you know everything?"  Boy does he make me feel smart. Anyway, he proceeded to tell me that he doesn't know lots of stuff but he just knows a bunch of funny stories about his dad when he was growing up, like, "when he was having an egg fight in his barnyard with his brothers and he got hit with a rotten egg right in the eye."  He was giggling uncontrollably in the backseat while telling me this.  He actually hates it when the radio is on so as soon as we get in the car, he asks me to please shut off the radio so we can talk.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

"stool butt" has to be the best quotable quote ever. I actually spit out my food laughing over it.

Seth and Natalie said...

I don't look forward to all the activities my kids can do, mainly because I'm a lazy mom and don't want to leave the house. So it's ok that you didn't get any video, at least you were there.

We've kicked Dax out of his crib and it's been a struggle getting used to the big boy bed. There's been lots of naps on the floor by the door. He loves stool butts too.

Stacy said...

I thought that when Jordyn went to first grade that I lost her but she finds me and we talk. This past week her comment was, "The Kindergartners are getting smaller, like their making them smaller now!" I just had to laugh and then she found me in the hall on Friday and told me that she was in Willy Wonka and I could come if I wanted to and that she would be a squirrel. Then I joked with her about being able to find her amoung the other squirrels. She said, "yeah there will be a few squirrels." I said, "just write Jordyn on your forehead and then I will be able to see you." We laughed together. I am so glad that I was able to be Jordyn's teacher. What a gift she is!

Lindsay said...

haha I love the funny things your kids say.

Brooke said...

athat was such a great post! I love hearing about your family! :)

Greg and Wendy said...

I can't even type "stool butt" without laughing! Now that is one to remember and tease him with in years to come, isn't it? Can't wait to see you all this week! We miss all our little cutie pies!

Lori Wilson said...

So DARN cute!!! Your kids crack me up!!! And, GO DJ! Hope the race went well! :)