Thursday, September 23, 2010

More "Stuff"

I mentioned before that DJ participated in the Temple-to-Temple race with 4 of his friends from the college.(Rexburg Temple to Idaho Falls Temple.)  No, he didn't run the whole 36 miles, but he did run two separate legs of it totaling 7 1/2 miles.  They aren't sure of the results yet but they all ran great and were among some of the faster teams.  The kids were so excited to cheer DJ on so they made posters and waited at the top of the street for him to pass by.  Kami kept cheering, "go Dad" whenever any runners would go by. It was the cutest thing EVER! 
The team in front of the Rexburg, Idaho, Temple before the race!
In front of the Idaho Falls Temple after the race!  Way to go guys!
 
DJ running past our road!

Running is not easy--in fact, it's down right painful sometimes!

DJ's biggest fans!  Poor Morgan took a great fall off of her bike as she tried to ride down the road to cheer her dad on.  As Jordyn put it, "mom, she flew over her bike handles, right on to her stomach."  Luckily, only minor damage was done. 
--------
Regan had another Cross Country meet last Friday. She ran a really good race, especially the last 200 meters where she was visibly exhausted but sprinted her guts out in order to keep her 4th place slot.  

Go Rocky Mountain! (purple)

Taking off on the 1.5 mile course!

Regan with some of her teammates.  Their team has taken 1st place in most all of their meets.  I'm excited for the many years of running together to come!
------
On a very different note, the babies started with nasty booger-filled eyes yesterday.  Otherwise known as grocery cart gunk.  Though it's not as bad as this.....

it's really yucky.  Luckily I had some left over Vigamox from the last bout that seems to be doing the trip.  Let's just hope the above pictures never occur again! 
-------
I took a little trip to the library yesterday with Kaleb, Porter, and Kamryn and was so excited to find piles and piles of new books being placed on the shelves!  They have an enormous selection of non-ripped board books now and lots of new easy readers.  I don't buy a lot of books because, well, I'm cheap, and I get totally bored of reading the same ones to my kids over and over, so, I'm a big library fan.  We came home with 32 books- 15 of which were "truck" themed, 10 of which were "pink"  and the others were random books chosen by Kaleb.  We've read approximately 20 of them so we'll be back again tomorrow, I'm sure.  
----
This is random, but something I don't want to forget.  Kamryn has her own way of saying the kids names....
Jordyn- Je je or Jede
Morgan- Mo Mo
Regan- Re Re
Kaleb- La la
Porter- Po po
----
Porter LOVES to call Grandma.  He hands me the phone and says, "Gamma"  Then he proceeds to say, candy, cars, toys, etc.  This is Porter and Kami happily talking to Grandma Rose.  Cute, huh?  They LOVE their grandma's (all 4 of them)  though I'm sure it's got to be confusing for the little people! 

Can you tell it's canning season by Kamryn's jewelry selection?  Another 17 jars of applesauce are sitting on the storage room shelf!  Hooray!!
Jordy is really starting to enjoy practices for Willy Wonka.  They've started working on the dances and she's starting to learn some of the music so she's been all smiles about play practice!  I'm so glad she gets to have this opportunity!



2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Way to go, DJ! Between you and DJ it is obvious where Regan gets her running abilities. We're excited to see her in another meet tomorrow!

Oh, I love the pics of the babies talking to me! It just makes my day when I hear those little voices on the other end of the lined!

Well...you've got to love Jordy's pose, don't you? Teeheehee! So glad she is loving practices for the play! Can't wait to watch her do her thing!

Is Morgan really alright after that nasty accident? Bless her sweet little heart!

Greg and Wendy said...

That word would be "line"! Why don't I read before I save? Urg!