Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rose Family Reunion Highlights!






I can't believe these are all the pictures I took of our reunion. I must have been too busy enjoying myself! It really was a great 3 days and the best part was that everyone was able to be there. Some of the highlights of this year's reunion included:

* making washer necklaces together

* talent show- particularly the grand kids cute "Cows" song choreographed by my sister-in-law-Sara

* 5k run- I loved how so many of the kids got involved and completed the run

* all the yummy food (especially the snack corner in Lor's kitchen) Porter enjoyed that the most as shown above in one of the pictures

* the swimming pool in their backyard--endless fun for the kids and adults

* the outdoor shower Brad built a couple of years ago--nothing beats a warm shower in the backyard straight out of a cold pool

* a visit from our my grandparents (Grandma Johnson and Grandma and Grandpa Rose)

* the hours of play in Kate's new attic bedroom built by Brad

* the candy cannon

* the fireworks show

* the visiting and laughing
* decorating the kids' cow shirts for their performance
* the evening movie by the pool on a big screen--especially loved that Todd stayed IN the pool for the entire show!
* The t-shirts mom and dad ordered for each and every family member--the front of the t-shirts say, "Be Strong and of Good Courage" which was our theme for the reunion! Thanks mom and dad!
* The evening spent at Rupert town square eating greasy, yummy, food while being musically entertained!
Sounds like a lot of fun? It was--I'm just sad it's over! But, thankfully, tomorrow we get to have another little "reunion" at Heise. My dad has his annual company picnic there this year and most everyone will be there.

2 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

It really was the BEST reunion EVER! I'll try to get all my pics posted next week. We all looked at them tonight and there are some darn cute ones. We are so thankful for such a marvelous family. We thank each of you for clearing your calendars so we could spend that much time together. We're looking forward to tomorrow. It has been so fun having Sara and the kids here today and they are really looking forward to seeing their cousins again!

Seth and Natalie said...

I really like family reunions, and your husband is so good to go with you. The Teichert men I know are notorious for being home bodies and work-a-holics, so it is good to get them out of the house and having fun!