Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hershey's State Trackmeet

July 10, 2010- Madison High School

It was a great day!
Morgan- 50 meter dash and 100 meter dash

Regan- 400 meter run and 800 meter run

Both girls were really nervous all morning before their races and joking that they wished they weren't there but after their races they were glad they stuck around. Both girls ran their little hearts out and learned that lots of training in between meets really does pay off.

Morgan took 1st place in both of her events.

Regan took 2nd in each of her events.

Both were thrilled about their ribbons and loved the experience.

I think the thing that I enjoyed most was watching DJ's excitement with it all. He loves to watch his kids participate and do their best- winning or not- but, of course, it's always more fun if you win:) Anyway, I'm proud of my girls and happy that they stuck out all the little training sessions from DJ and myself w/out too much whining!
---

This picture was taken at the area trackmeet (held in May) where they qualified for State. I was too busy taking video of the kids races at the State meet that I completely spaced getting still pics after the races. Anyway, Morgan got a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place for the 50m, 100m, and long jump, and Regan got 1st place in the 800 and 2nd in the 400. The top 3 from each event made it to State.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Cind, that's so great!!! I'm not surprised that your girls are awesome at track, but I am impressed that they were dedicated with practicing. You guys are awesome. Way to go, Regan and Morgan!

Greg and Wendy said...

So sorry we couldn't be there for such a big event in their lives! We are so very proud of their efforts! (It really would have been fun to watch the excited parents, too!)

Seth and Natalie said...

Those girls are much tougher than I'll ever be. Or maybe just faster. Great job girls!