Thursday, July 22, 2010

Kids

I'm completely entertained by my children's antics:

Porter bit Kamryn really hard on her back a few days ago. She was devisated and I was ticked so I bit him back, not as hard but hard enough that he'd know how it felt. Side note: this worked with Kaleb, in fact, he never bit again. Anyway, in the process I broke Morgan's heart, she thought I was being a really mean mom so she started sobbing so I had Kamryn, Porter, and Morgan all bawling. Sometimes you just can't win!

Speaking of Morgan, she's my little tender heart bear. She is a pushover when it comes to the babies and will give them anything they want just to make them smile. She melts when they come and give her spontaneous loves and cries when they want nothing to do with her. As far as the little "biting episode" goes, I asked her how she thought I should have handled it and she proceeded to tell me that I should have just put Porter in his crib for a few minutes as a punishment and then given him a second chance. I told her that I'd try that next time.

From the back seat of the van the other day, Kaleb asked me when he was going to get new eye balls. I asked why he needed new ones and replied, "because I'm growing out of these ones!"

Kamryn is Porter's little protector. Anything that she gets, she always asks for one for "Po-Po." At the family reunion I gave her 4 tootsie rolls, she immediately went and gave Porter 2. So I thought I'd see what she'd do if I gave her 3. She looked at them for a second and then gave one to Porter and then went and found Kaleb to give him the 3rd one. She'll always scoot over to make room for Porter on a chair and when he's hurt, she quickly comes to give him loves. She loves to choose his clothes for him each morning, hates when he gets in trouble, loves to find him his favorite cars in the toy box and surprise him with them, hates when he gets hurt, loves to get him his blanket and toothbrush when it's time for bed, and the list goes on. I can just see it now, Kamryn taking Porter by the hand when they go off to college, registering him for his classes, settling him in his apartment, cooking all of his meals, doing his laundry, and holding his hand leading him to each of his classes!

The kids love to ask the babies, ""who's poopy" because both of them proudly yell, "Me" even if their not guilty!

Last night I was putting the babies to bed and after singing several songs got ready to leave the bedroom. Kamryn kept yelling what sounded like "good, good" but then it dawned on me she was saying "God." I realized that I forgot to sing I am a Child of God to them like I usually do. I love moments like this one.

Porter's favorite words are "Daddy, home." He loves when DJ gets home and is sad on the nights that he comes home and has to leave again.

Last week the kids and I stayed at my sisters house so the kids could attend Music Camp. Lori was gone with all the older kids and I was hanging out in the backyard with the little ones. The babies decided they wanted to feed Lori's cat but I didn't know where the cat food was so I told Kamryn I didn't know where the food was and she got the most excited look on her face, took my hand and led me to the pantry and found the kitty food down in a not so easily noticed place on the floor. I guess she'd helped the kids feed the kitty at the family reunion the week before and had remembered where it went.

At the family reunion all the kids loved playing in the pool but Kaleb. He loves the idea of the pool and loves playing around it and on the steps but isn't quite brave enough to venture too far in. Porter is a different story, he loves jumping off the side, loves swimming around with just water wings on, and really doesn't have much fear. I put Porter's water wings on and let him swim around with all of the other kids and next thing I know, Kaleb is beside himself, crying, shaking, yelling at me to help Porter, and visibly scared to death for Porter. He kept saying things like, "please mom, get Porter, he's my buddy, I play with him, what if his head goes under the water." I kept trying to reassure him that Porter would be fine but he was having nothing to do with it. He was scared to death that something bad was going to happen to his buddy. It was so sad and so cute at the same time. It just made me realize how much he loves his brother!

Regan left for girls camp on Tuesday morning! She spent all day Monday packing in her bedroom and kept coming up stairs saying, "mom, this day is going so slow, I can't wait, I'm so excited, I can hardly stand it." She was a bit scared about the possibility of bears coming in to camp and was sure to ask me about every item she put in her suitcase if I thought it would attract the bears. She was making her lunch for the hike and I was surprised that she was picking the most bland items. I asked her why she wasn't bringing anything that exciting and she replied, "mom, I might attract the bears." Poor kid, I guess she was having a bit more anxiety than I had previously thought.

I found Jordyn emptying garbage's, cleaning up clothes and toys, doing laundry, etc. this morning. I told her I was glad that she would help without being asked and she said, "I know mom, I'm just trying to get my jewelry back." (we took her most prized possessions away earlier this week because she was being a real stink and this is how she's planning to get them back) Whatever works, I guess!

See why I'm NEVER bored!

4 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

So glad you understand "Kami talk"! There is truly something about that Primary song that is sooo soothing to everyone...even our little Kami! How precious!
Loved this post! You are such a wonderful Mom and we love you! Did you know that?

Nigbur Family said...

What a sweet post! It melted my heart! Your kids are so cute! I loved what Jordyn said, it so reminds me of Kylie!

Jocelyn said...

I think this might be my favorite post ever.

Seth and Natalie said...

I had a working mom friend of mine ask me just what I did at home all day. You answered it. I love how you capture all the sweet cute and funny things your kids do and leave out most of the nasty stuff :) By the way, when Dax bites Rylee she gets to bite him back. FINALLY he's stopped.