Monday, March 15, 2010

Entertainment!

I couldn't find Kami for a few minutes last week and finally found her in the computer room sitting on our swivel chair holding the little earbuds in her ears listening to Regan's MP3 player. She even has good music taste....I think she was listening to Chicago!

My kids are obsessed with freezing any drink I make so they can have slushy the next day. The babies have caught on to this and beg at the kids feet for a bite. Kamryn was extra lucky this day, Jordyn actually shared her entire slushy.

These big eyes just entertain me--not to mention the girly hat on his cute head!

See the mouse holes in my loaves of bread....that would be evidence that Kami helped herself to my freshly baked bread! Once again, I'm entertained, for better or for worse!

Kaleb came in to show me this invention...."Look mom, Mr. Potato Head is screaming." Pretty ingenious if you ask me! Speaking of Kaleb, I was fixing dinner one day last week and he came running in to the kitchen and said, "mom, it smells great in here, what are we having for dinner?" I informed he we were having soup and salad and he said, "YEAH, I've always been wishing for salad for dinner!!" He seriously loves salad especially with "those crunchy bread things" (croutons) He can never remember that word!

Yesteray Porter decided to entertain me at church! He was just plain rotten from the word go. I was out in the foyer before the Sacrament even started....and of course, if I take one baby out, the other has to go or they will start screaming. I made Porter sit on my lap the whole time we were out while I tried to keep Kamryn sitting beside me because I really don't want them to think this is party time. I decided to take them back in for the last talk and Porter was good for approximately 10 minutes until he decided to try to escape while I wasn't looking. Little does he know, I have eyes in the back of my head. He turned to run away and I caught him by the back of his shirt and he let out the loudest scream so out we went again. So, we headed to the nursery where he behaved for approximetly 45 minutes, just until the time I was to give them their little lesson. While all the other children sat quietly, I wrestled with the little noisy maniac while trying to keep my composure and give my lesson. Just one of those frustrating days! All I can say is it's a good thing he has those adorable big eyes!


Don't know if I mentioned yet that my mom graciously watched the three oldest girls hear at our house while we were gone to Hawaii and DJ's sister, Ann, watched Kaleb, Kamryn, and Porter in Burley! Ann shared the cutest story with us a couple of days ago. The day we left for Hawaii, we met Ann and her husband down in Pocatello in the Shopko parking lot. We transferred the babies and Kaleb in to their car and by then, the babies were both bawling their eyes out. I guess they got in their van with 2 screaming babies, and not knowing what else to do, said, "let's have a prayer, and immediately, they both stopped crying, folded their arms and were quiet for at least a few minutes! As you can tell, Kaleb was anything but sad!!


Speaking of being entertained, the girls had a big Hawaiin themed party planned at my mom's house when we got home from Hawaii. My sweet parents put up with all sorts of planning details throughout the week and indulged the girls as they planned a yummy Hawaiin Haystack dinner, dressed up in their Hula Skirts, decorated 2 walls full of pictures they'd colored all week, practiced musical numbers, you name it, they did it. Thanks to my patient mom and thanks to our sweet girls for making us feel so loved and missed!


It doesn't take much for us to be entertained, we spent Saturday cleaning out bedroom's, storage room, toy room, etc. By the time we were finished we had a van full of toys, clothes, junk, you name it! And, the best part about it is the kids willingly got rid of some of their things w/out too much whining and today we can't even remember a single thing we junked which means we obviously had way too much. Jordyn excitedly said, "we're giving all of this stuff to the children in Haitey, mom!"

By Saturday night, DJ was ready for some peace and quiet so we left Regan with the kids for an hour while we went and grabbed Subway Sandwich. You should've seen the kids faces when we told them we were going on a date, Regan said, "but, you just had a week long date in Hawaii!" True, but once you've had a little taste of freedom, you just want a little more, right?? While we were sitting in Subway eating our sandwiches, I mentioned to DJ that we should be using the time to visit and he said, "oh, I was just enjoying the silence!" I guess I don't blame the guy.

The kids and I went to visit a few people in the ward yesterday and we experienced a miracle while doing so. Our good friend Susan that was baptized 3 years ago and hasn't been back to church in a very long time finally opened her door to 4 VERY excited children who wrapped their arms around her and begged her go come to dinner. She is coming for FHE and dinner tonight and expressed a desire to come back to church soon. They kids bounded down the steps screaming, "Susan's coming for dinner and she's coming back to church!!!" It really made my otherwise stinky day, great! I guess this could be labeled a "Tender Mercie." Oh, by the way, if you haven't checked out LDS.org lately, check out the new video titled "The Tender Mercies of the Lord" by President Bednar. It's beautiful!!

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I absolutely love posts like this. So much happiness to be had.

LOVE YOU!

Greg and Wendy said...

Oh, the joys! Really, truly! And those wonderful tender mercies of the Lord that see us through the "Porter days"! So happy to hear about Susan. Have a wonderful time tonight.

Greg and Wendy said...

I got the biggest kick out of the girls and their slushies. But you have certainly taught them not to be wasteful. I thought it was a great idea and makes for inexpensive and easy after-school snacks!

So glad you captured the pic of Kami with the ear buds and MP3 player. And well, what can you say about Porter's big beautiful eyes! He can be sooooo glad he has them! Then there is Kaleb. Dad and I are sure that he was born with a smile on his face, and it is permanently pasted on! He is such a happy child.

janna said...

Cute pictures and stories to go with them.