Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A week with Grandma & Grandpa Teichert

I've been meaning to write about Jordyn and Kaleb's week with Grandma and Grandpa Teichert in Cokeville and just haven't gotten it done. Plus, I'm hoping to get some pictures from Grandma of all the fun they had. First of all, I have to say how sweet it was of DJ's parents to have those two little stinkers for so long. I'm still in shock that I actually agreed to let them be away that long. For those of you who know me well, you will understand. I really don't love being away from my kids, never have, probably never will, but I will admit that the first few days were kind of nice because I didn't have all the little messes to clean up and I got a tremendous amount of deep cleaning done but I did miss their cute little voices and even found myself missing making lunch for them. That being said, I think it was really nice for Regan and Morgan to have some uninterrupted play time together. They really are good friends and have very few fights when Jordyn isn't around. The old saying, "three's a crowd" is definetly true around our house. When one girl is left out, the other two are accused of "buddying up." So..... I did not miss that familiar scenario at all but I was definetly ready by the end of a week to have our whole family back together again. I think Jordyn was ready to come home mainly because she missed Morgan and was dying to give her the B-Day present she bought for her. On the other hand, Kaleb was excited to see us but quickly let us know he is "weewy" (really) missing his Grandma T. Everytime he gets in trouble he asks when he can go see Grandma again. Hmmmm.. What would we do without Grandma's?? Anyway, some highlights from their trip according to Jordyn & Kaleb are as follows:
1. wrestling with Uncle Johnny (Kaleb) Oh, Kaleb said this shortly after he arrived home, "Uncle Johnny is my best friend"
2. snuggling with Uncle Johnny (Jordyn)
3. eating all of Grandma's yummy food, especially the watermelon. (Jordyn keeps asking me why we don't have watermelon and grandma does)
4. eating ice cream
5. playing with Tanna, Janae, and Leonna
6. seeing the cows in the barnyard
7. hanging out with Grandma & Grandpa ("We LOVE Grandma's house, mom, especially Patty's clavinova")
8. Spending the whole day with Alley (their cousin)
9. helping grandma in her yard
10. playing hula hoop
The list could go on but as you can tell, a fun time was had by both kids. I'm glad they got to spend some time with Grandma & Grandpa T. I'm hoping for some pictures to go along with this from Mom T. (hint hint) Thanks again, mom and dad, for showing the kids a great time. We love you!
My mom was kind enough to meet John and Dorothy in Lava to pick the kids up so I anxiously awaited their arrival at home. About 5 minutes before they got home I had a feeling I better quickly make up a "homecoming" poster and some balloons because apparently Jordyn kept telling Grandma T. she was excited about her homecoming party we would all throw for her. (I'm sure she got that idea because of DJ's big party after coming home from Arizona). Anyway, I hurried to scribble out a poster and dug some balloons out of the cupboard and had them taped up just in time for mom to round the corner with the kids. (close call)

1 comment:

Nigbur Family said...

Grandmas are the best that's for sure! Good thinkin' on the welcome home poster!