Monday, May 25, 2009

American History Program

The two 5th grade classes at Fairview put on a really neat American History program last Thursday. They have been working on the music for at least 3 months and evidently the kids were in charge of the scenery, props, choreography, and costumes with a little help from the teachers. I was so impressed with the whole thing especially the fact that all the kids seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves. Regan got to perform a duet with another girl in her class and then participated in the choir. She was thrilled about her pretty dress that we borrowed from one of my friends!
The kids were so excited about the program (you would've thought it was Broadway!) It was so cute to see them having so much fun; I couldn't take pictures fast enough!

Regan and Courtney (the girl that sang the duet with Regan) Don't they look grown up? It scares me quite frankly!! Regan had in mind what she wanted done with her hair so I did my best to follow directions. She seemed happy about it. The song was so pretty...I'm proud of you, Regan!


What would we do without supportive Grandma's. We're lucky to live so close to Grandma Rose and Great Grandma Johnson.

3 comments:

Greg and Wendy said...

Now that is a peak into the VERY near future! Our little Regan is growing up so very beautiful! I love her hair! Good job, honey!

Jenelle said...

I give a thumbs up on the hair, She looks so pretty. I'm sure it was a fun night

Bobbi said...

Hey Cindy, It's Chelsey~not Courtney~ not that it really matters! Details details!
I love your blog! Thanks!