Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cousins & friends & parties!

I've been going through tons of pictures lately trying to backtrack a bit. Morgan had 2 of her cousins from Cokeville come for her Baptism, Leona and Janae! They are the cutest little girls and my girls have the best time playing with them. They even got to come the night before and have a sleepover with the girls. We watched the movie "Up," ate popcorn and orange julius, read Fairy Tales before bed and then everyone got situated for bed in the living room. Then they a few of them decided they'd rather utilize the beds in the girls room so before long, every last one of them was packed in Regan and Morgan's tiny bedroom. Even Kaleb managed to find himself a little corner. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of them but it was a pretty cute sight. Saturday afternoon after the baptism they played for atleast 4 hours in the basement, dressing up, rearranging the basement, dancing, house, etc. and just had the best time. Cousins are the best!
I also realized I left out pictures from Morg's family B-Bay party on the 27th. Grandma and Grandpa Rose came as well as Grandma Johnson. Jared and Richelle drove out for a few minutes before they were off to meetings. They are always so good to our kids. Anyway, Morgan wanted to have everyone make their own pizza's which was so much fun. I have the easiest dough recipe that a friend gave me and we had lots of different toppings to choose from then everyone built there own and we popped it in the oven. It was probably one of the easiest B-Day dinners I've made. We opened presents after dinner and she got some of the cutest clothes from G&G Rose, a marble set and a whoopy cushion from Regan, (yes, that was the favorite gift of the night and I was somewhat responsible for helping pick that out). Jordyn gave her a pair of socks and a cute bag and DJ and I gave her a scripture case, the game Sorry and the swimming suit she's had her eye on for a month. G&G Teichert gave her lots of money along with Great Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Julie, and our neighbors. She came away one rich little girl! She commented that she's never paid that much tithing at once before and was pretty excited about it. After presents came Birthday cake time. My kids love decorating their own cakes and I love it as well, it takes tons of stress off me and I figure it's a way that they can express their own creativity. Morgan just wanted frosting, chocolate chips, and gummy worms, and of course, the #8 candle was a must have. I made the cake earlier in the day so it would be all ready for decorating and while moving it out of the pan, I broke the darn thing in pieces. So, I made another one and ended up breaking it as well but I pieced it back together and Morgan didn't seem to mind. I really stink at making cakes so it's a good thing that my kids don't know what a good cake is supposed to look like.


She also had a friend B-Day party the week before which was pretty much planned by her. She invited her good little group of friends, most of which are either in the ward or on the soccer team. They are such a cute bunch of girls and really easy to have around. Morgan and I came up with a few games, they all decorated cupcakes, opened presents and that was about it. We don't do friend B-Day parties hardly at all and I only do them on one condition, that is that they do most of the preparation and help clean up. I guess I'm just a lazy mom but I figure you don't have to go all out to have a good time.
Grace and Morgan
Kailee and Morgan (they share the same B-Day, their good school buddies, and they were baptized on the same day) Kailee's mom and I went the school to deliver treats to their class and we nticed they were wearing the same colored shirt, they said they didn't even plan it that way.
Morgan and Brooklin

Here is the cute bunch of girls. This was taken at Brooklin's B-Day party a couple of weeks later so I just stole it from my friend. Besides the belly shot, this is the cutest picture ever! I hope these girls remain friends forever!

2 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

That's the coolest birthday party ever! I really like the idea of having your kids decorate their own cake. I always feel like I need to make something so beautiful that ends up so saggy. I've got to say that I'm a huge fan of birthdays, and it looks like Morgan's was great.

Greg and Wendy said...

I had a group of eight friends while growing up and we had so much fun together over the years! Meg (now my sister-in-law)just reconnected with the one of them we had not been able to locate for years...she saw her in the temple! I hope these good girls are friends forever and the pic is a definite keeper!